We have had great feedback on our recent posts about the importance of traditional diets! Here is another opportunity to learn more this evening:
The Vegetarian Myth and Deep Green Resistance
August 27, 2011 - Saturday Evening
8-10 Eastern, 7-9 Central, 6-8 Mountain, 5-7 Pacific
LISTEN LIVE at www.republicbroadcasting.org
Join Dr. Kaayla Daniel, Member of the Boards of Directors for the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund and the Weston A. Price Foundation, and her guest Lierre Keith, author and local food activist, as they discuss the following:
- Why won't a vegetarian diet feed the hungry, honor animals and save our planet?
- How has Lierre Keith's book, The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability, been received?
- Why shouldn't we take the Environmental Working Group's pledge?
- What are some of the pitfalls of pop environmentalism?
- How can we truly reduce our impact on the environment and improve our health?
- Why do we need animals to rebuild top soil?
- Why did you join Aric McBay and Derrick Jensen to write Deep Green Resistance: Strategy to Save the Planet?
- What are some nonviolent methods we can use to resist our environmentally degrading culture?
CALL-IN NUMBER: 800-313-9443
Be sure to call in with your questions.
If you miss the show, be sure to listen to the recording!