What's the first thought that comes to mind when you think of water? For many it evokes a sense of wellness, revitalization and purity. Having a source of clean, safe, contaminant free water is so important considering just how many ways we use water on a daily basis. We bathe and shower in it, brush our teeth in it, infuse our stocks and other recipes with it, and rinse our colorful, fresh fruits and vegetables under it. Not to mention, Americans drink 1 billion glasses of water from their taps alone each day.
Types of Water Contaminants
Unfortunately, the state of our drinking water is overall quite poor and steadily on the decline. There are four primary categories of contaminants found in water supplies that can be eliminated or reduced using water filtration or purification systems:
Particulate matter includes dirt, sand, sediment, silt and other suspended solids. Inorganic compounds often found in water include calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, fluoride, and heavy metals such as arsenic, lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium, aluminum, copper, nickel, and zinc. Calcium and magnesium are the two most common minerals that when dissolved in water result in what is known as “hard” water. Organic compounds include disinfection byproducts from chlorination such as trihalomethanes (THM’s), halocacetic acids (HAA’s), a wide range of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), herbicides, pesticides and pharmaceuticals. Microbiological contaminants include bacteria, viruses, cysts and protozoans.
How To Eliminate Water Contaminants
We at Radiant Life believe that the ideal solution for one's home is the combination of our state-of-the-art Whole House Water Filtration Systems at the point-of-entry (i.e. basement, garage, water closet) and our 14-Stage Biocompatible Water Purification System at the point-of-use (generally in the kitchen cabinet but can be installed in the basement). With these two systems combined, you will enjoy excellent, safe bathing water and perfect drinking water. We have satisfied customers all over the country who can attest to the efficacy and quality of these systems!
1. First, we recommend the installation a Spin Down Pre-Filter with the purchase of any of our whole house water filtration systems. The filter:
- Captures dirt, sand, silt and sediment before it reaches your whole house filter and other vulnerable downstream devices and appliances in your home.
- Contains an easy to maintain reusable stainless steel screen.
- Collected sediment is visible through the clear cylinder indicating when the filter needs cleaning.
- Sediment is quickly and easily removed by simply opening the ball valve at the bottom of the cylinder flushing away collected contaminants.
2. Secondly, our Whole House Water Filtration Systems are designed to remove the widest spectrum of contaminants for both city and well water.
- In addition to chlorine and chloramine removal, our whole house systems address THM’s, HAA’s, fluoride, heavy metals, VOC's, herbicides, pesticides, excess iron, hydrogen sulfide and more!
- All whole house filters are designed to be virtually maintenance-free for the life of the system (7+ years)!
- Replacing only the media instead of the entire tank makes the replacement process simple and very cost effective.
3. Finally, completely purify your drinking water with our 14-Stage Biocompatible Water Purification System.
- Our unique design incorporates three purifiers (reverse osmosis plus two deionization stages) providing for triple purification to create water that is >99.99% pure.
- Your drinking water is purified, sterilized, restructured, remineralized and alkaline rebalanced!
- Easily installed in your kitchen cabinet or in your basement directly below your kitchen sink.
- Change your filters and purifiers only when indicated by our TDS meter included with every system saving you time and money.
With a whole house filtration system working in combination with a dedicated kitchen water purification system, you will enjoy excellent water throughout your home and perfect drinking water in your kitchen!
Please call our Water Division at (888) 593-9595 Option # 3 with any questions you may have and allow us to assist you in selecting the optimal system for you and your family to enjoy safe clean water for all your daily needs.
Photo Credit: Chalon Homemade