Ancient Minerals: Are You Magnesium Deficient?
Did you know that when you are deficient in magnesium, over 300 enzymes in your body are unable to function properly? Magnesium is required for the body to produce and store energy. Without magnesium there is no energy, no movement, no life. What you don't know about magnesium is probably adversely affecting your health already!
Dr. Carolyn Dean, author of The Magnesium Miracle, believes that magnesium deficiency is a significant factor in many severe illnesses including heart attacks and other forms of heart disease, asthma, anxiety and panic attacks, depression, fatigue, diabetes, migraines and other headaches, osteoporosis, insomnia, and most cases of muscular problems. Sadly, two thirds of us (more than 200 million people in America) are magnesium deficient. A lack of this critical nutrient is a major factor in many common health problems. Many chronic diseases respond positively to magnesium replenishment.
The skin is a living, breathing organ that holds tremendous potential for re-mineralizing a magnesium starved body! Topical absorption is the most efficient method restoring magnesium at the cellular level, as magnesium is easily and rapidly absorbed into the skin and underlying tissues.
Many factors affect oral magnesium absorption from the gut, including medications and the health status of your digestive system and kidneys. Only one-third to one-half of dietary magnesium is absorbed into the body at best.
The most limiting factor to adequate magnesium absorption by oral supplementation is diarrhea. When you take the amount necessary to combat a deficiency of magnesium, many of us experience loose stools. This again reduces absorption because the magnesium moves through the system too quickly. Exposing your skin to magnesium chloride topically allows you to completely bypass your digestive tract so you can avoid these problems!
Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium Chloride
Here are just a few of the positive results that have been reported from the utilization of transdermal magnesium chloride:
- Aids in hypertension
- Massaged into arthritic joints will frequently render almost instant reprieve from pain
- Magnesium flakes in a hot bath will impart a very relaxing soak while delivering a vast amount of magnesium to your cells. Great for restless legs!
- Assists in the prevention of strokes and aids in recovery
- Improvement in insomnia
- Cardiac health
- Overall energy production (ATP)
- Helps maintain memory function
- Magnesium is crucial for the removal of toxins and heavy metals
- Helps build bones and make proteins
- Sprayed on wrinkled skin will, in due course begin to smooth them out
- Calming effect on the nervous system
- Assists diabetes by enhancing insulin secretion, facilitating sugar metabolism. Without magnesium, insulin is not able to transfer glucose into cells
- Improvement in autistic individuals
- Asthma (both histamine production and bronchial spasms increase with magnesium deficiency)
- Cystitis – Bladder spasms are exacerbated by magnesium deficiency
- Prevents Premenstrual Syndrome and cramping pain during menses
- Tooth Decay - Magnesium deficiency perpetrates an unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth
- Magnesium assists in the relaxation of spastic blood vessels that cause pain and numbness of the fingers and extremities
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as muscle spasms and pains, eye twitches, muscle pains and fibromyalgia
- Anxiety and panic attacks are helped by keeping adrenal stress hormones under control
- Increases DHEA levels, which is the bio-marker for aging. DHEA has been referred to as the, “Master Hormone”, and when produced at sufficient levels, will induce the production of all of the other hormones whose depletion can be associated with many symptoms of aging. Only when magnesium is applied topically onto the skin, where it passes through the fatty tissue, are DHEA levels raised. Neither oral nor intravenous administration will do this!
One teaspoon of Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil contains approximately 560 mg of elemental magnesium. 8 sprays of Ancient Minerals magnesium oil delivers approximately 100mg of elemental magnesium on the skin. Your body will absorb only what it needs. According to Dr. Carolyn Dean, MD, a highly respected medical authority on the subject, research over the past 20 years has shown us that even under ideal conditions approximately 300mg of magnesium is required merely to replace daily losses.
However, as a general rule of thumb, an appropriate daily intake of magnesium should be approximately 3-4 mg per pound of bodyweight. For a 200lb male, this would equate to 600mg to 800mg per day. Chronic health complications, emotional and physical stress, physical injury, athletic exertion, and poor lifestyle/dietary choices, all increase your daily magnesium requirements. Women who are pregnant or lactating also have elevated magnesium requirements.
How has transdermal magnesium helped you?
Source: Transdermal Magnesium Therapy: A New Modality for the Maintenance of Health,
By Dr. Mark Sircus Ac., OMD