Whether we are aware of it or not, food storage has been and continues to be a challenge for most all of us. How do we keep our delicate oils from going rancid? How do we ensure that the nuts, seeds, supplements and other products we buy are indeed as potent when we do use them as the day we acquired them?
Most of us now know the concerns over storing consumables in plastics and have transitioned to glass. Glass is indeed a better choice but which type of glass? Clear and colorless glass? Green glass? Amber glass? In the world of packaging materials, glass still maintains its important position, despite its fragility. Traditional glass colors (clear and amber) allow light of the visible spectrum to pass through and therefore don’t offer enough protection against decomposition induced by certain wavelengths of light.
Storage test with chives
Colorless and brown glass are permeable in the visible light spectrum and don’t offer enough protection against decomposition caused by light. As an experiment, several herbs and spices were stored for 3 months in several types of glass (colorless, brown, VioLiv violet), and were either exposed to the sun for several hours a day or kept inside.
After 2 months, the visible quality change was photographed, and the difference in smell determined in a blind test with volunteers. The picture below shows clearly that the chive samples that were exposed to the sun have bleached in brown and clear glass while the sample stored in Violiv violet glass shows no color change. The aroma of the chives stored in Violiv violet glass was also clearly stronger and fresher.
Do you know the attributes of VioLiv Violet glass?
Ten reasons to consider Violiv Glass
- Blocks ALL degrading light frequencies from prematurely damaging your food items
- Allows the passage and collaboration of beneficial light including visible violet light, non-visible UV(a) light and non-visible far-infrared light
- Repairs damaged molecular structure
- Delays rancidity of oils, nuts and seeds
- Retains bio-vitality and nutritional value of food
- Reduces carbon footprint through permanent re-use
- Enhances and improves whatever you place in it
- Looks great in your kitchen
- Offers versatile container shapes and sizes for herbs, pure water, grains, protein powder, spirulina, seeds, oils, tinctures, spices, superfoods, cosmetics and more
- Provides for optimal protection of bio-energy over an extended period to increase the shelf life of products while prolonging their potency